Friday, August 16, 2013

West Virginia State Fair Quilts

I was really disappointed in the quilts at this fair.  Other times we have been here, there have been lots of quilts with many of them being outstanding.  This year the numbers were down and the quality didn't come close to what I saw at the other fairs.
 
 For me the following quilt was the stand out at the fair but it won red which here is second place.  Blue ribbons are first place.  The black background is a velveteen and it was hand quilted.  This quilt which is entitled "Queen Anne's Ball" had amazing details and was so creative.



It came in second to this piece which had the applique machine zip-zagged on and some of the writing done with Sharpie or pigma pen.  I'm sure the judges have a criteria to follow but I'm sure some of the judging is subjective.

Here are some of the other quilts.









 









 





This is everything quilty you will see from me on this trip, but our adventures will continue at www.brendaswitwalking.blogspot.ca
 
 
 
 


1 comment:

  1. I don't know....some of those quilts are pretty darn amazing!

    ReplyDelete