Wednesday, August 14, 2013

The Fabric Department of Yoder's Store in Shipshewana, Indiana

I love this store and asked if I could take photos for my blog.  The clerk seemed really excited to find out I was going to mention Yoder's in my blog.  I didn't have the heart to tell her that probably only 10 or 12 read it and that those 10 or 12 are about 26 driving hours away.
The store features a different quilter every month and here are some from this month's quilter.
Can you even tell what this next one is?
It's little ladies in dresses, but the skin tone is so close to the background color, that you really lose the effect.
And the same quilter did this one too making exactly the same mistake.  It's a cute pattern though.
 



Here a are a few pictures of the actual store. 


I loved this display piece and thought it would be a wonderful way to incorporate old handkerchiefs into a quilted piece.
 I love Amish country.
 And I love Yoder's.
So the burning question may be "did Brenda buy anything here?"
Let's just say it's a good thing we're driving and have a trunk.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment