Monday, September 2, 2013

See You Tuesday, September 3rd

It's the start of the 2013-14 guild season tomorrow and I'm excited for that.  It's time to put away the garden and get out the threads.  We'll all be in a frenzy of stitching this year to get ready for our quilt show in May.  The email came listing all the classes for this year and that set my old heart thumping in anticipation.  I'll see you all tomorrow night so we can catch up.  While you bring the show-and-tell of what you created this summer, I'll have to bring tomatoes and carrots as that's pretty much all I've got to show ... oh, and a wonderful piece my quilting friend from Holland gave to me when she was over for a visit.

I found this block on a blog I follow (www.52quilts.com) Isn't the sentiment wonderful.

4 comments:

  1. YOu lucky dogs!! We don't start till harvest is done....that might be November for some! Love the block! 52 quilts is also a Scrap Squad member with me for 2013!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I started reading 52 Quilts after I saw she was a scrap squad-der. If it rains on Saturday, you might want to come to Weyburn for the Quilt Patch book launch and trunk show at the library. Should be good.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Glad to know your group takes a long summer break. I'm always amazed by how much you guys get done.

      Delete