Thursday, March 21, 2013

Tempting Me Away from My UFO

I have one more big UFO to finish for our challenge and I've been procrastinating for a very good reason.  The center of it is four pieces of a circus panel .... sounds simple, right?  Let me say this about panels: 
&*&$#(@!*%.
 Yes, ladies, that is me swearing, something I rarely do.  The four parts of the panel aren't equal.  Two are each an inch shorter than the other two.  I've been solving it by adding sashing to them which will be uneven amounts.  Then I have to do the dreaded math to put my broken dishes blocks around them. 
 
So I've been piecing the top from Jill's scrappy class.  It's going to help me do the dreaded circus UFO eventually because it's a pattern where I've started in the center and am working outwards too.  I don't think I've done a quilt like this before and it's working out just fine.
 Jill suggested pressing seams open so that's what I'm doing.  It's a little more time consuming than pressing them both one direction but it helps with the bulk at intersections.
I will be blogging our NYC trip if you want to follow along, but I haven't set it up yet so will give Jill the address and she can pass it on to you. 
Happy Easter!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment