Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Reflections on Our Quilt Show

Ladies, the post right below this one has photos from our show ... no comments, just photos.  I tried to get photos of every single piece there, but do forgive me if I failed in that endeavor.  Elma, I do regret that I didn't get a photo of you with your featured quilter display.  I also took photos of all the labels so if you see one & need to talk to the person who made it (to borrow the pattern!) but aren't sure who to call, just ask me and I can tell you who to call.

So what did our show have?  As far as I'm concerned, it had it all!  ... featured quilters, a guest quilter, a block patterned named after Weyburn, vendors, raffle quilt, food, sale table, raffle baskets, a quilt that is almost 200 years old ... oh, and did I mention about 135 show entries!


One of the advantages of having the show is that it gives us all an opportunity to work together.  Each did her share, but I have to give a special acknowledgement to Bonnie who really made sure everything fell into place. 

Neal Keefe of the Ag Society was around to make sure we had everything we needed.  Thank you, Neal!


Did the show inspire you to go home and quilt?  The show and the rainy weather have kept me in my sewing room, diligently trying to finish my strip twist and also playing with the fabrics I bought from the vendors.  Hopefully they were happy with their sales; I know I did my part, even borrowing from Bob when my money ran out!

And did you eat any of Rebecca's food?  Her pumpkin/maple cake was amazing.

I hear someone from North Dakota won the raffle quilt but I didn't hear who won the table topper.  We'll have to get that in the paper as people have been asking.

I sent Wayne Kollinger a Smilebox of his show as a thank you for all he taught us. Here is a copy of it:  http://smilebox.com/playBlog/4d7a45794e7a497a4e7a673d0d0a&blogview=true
Tonight is our last meeting of the season.  I'm sure we'll hear some stats on attendance, profits, etc. and take any suggestions for our 2014 show.  See you at the meeting!


1 comment:

  1. Loved your trunk show and Wayne Kollinger!! The wine and cheese was a really nice touch!

    ReplyDelete